As in the past, community groups can sign-up and organize a volunteer tree planting on their streets. Please follow these simple steps and deadlines to make sure your group doesn’t miss out:
◦ Organize your neighbors! The number of people you have to help will largely determine the amount of trees that you can plant.
◦ Sign-up as an existing user: If you have participated in the past and had a tree reservation account you will need to send an email to: email@example.com to reactivate your account. You will also need to provide a new password for the account as all of the passwords have been recently reset. Your login name has remained the same.◦ Sign-up as a new user: You can create a new account HERE. After the form is submitted you will be contacted to discuss the details and logistics of the program prior to activating the account.◦ Once your registration is approved you can access the online map and reservation system to select the locations and the type of species you would prefer. (Please note that all listed species may not be available and that Re-Tree WNY will provide suitable substitutes)
◦ August 31st will be the deadline for you to reserve your trees – no exceptions.
◦ In order for you to receive your trees it is mandatory for each group to attend a tree planting and care training program. This is 2 hour class that will occur in mid-April, times and locations to be determined.
◦ Trees, stakes and tie will be available for pick-up on Friday, November 4th, 1pm-7pm for a scheduled planting date on November 5th. The pick up location will be in the rear of 1120 Seneca Street, the city engineering garage.◦ Please note that if you do not want to participate in a volunteer planting this spring, but there are still locations in need of a tree, you may request that the city plant a tree. Trees planted by the city are done by individual resident request only. Requests can be made thru the call and resolution center by calling 311 or 851-4890. The requests will be filled by date of call, so if you are going this route the earlier you call the better the chance the tree will be planted this year.
If you are looking to plant on a vacant lot, park, Grassroots Garden or on school property please contact the City Forester, Ross Hassinger at 851-4170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to volunteer your time in helping another group to plant and do not have a group to work with, please contact Paul Maurer, chairman of Re-Tree WNY at email@example.com or Phone: 716.843.0133.